Monday, January 6, 2014

My first entry. I've created this blog to document my adventures in designing and sewing clothing. I imagine I'll include some music and photography stuff, as well. Admittedly, I've had trouble keeping up with blogs in past, but I will try to do better this time around.

I got married about two months ago. Like many brides, one of my primary concerns in wedding planning was my dress. I knew what I wanted early on. It was very simple, yet too specific to be found ready-made. At first I thought I would hire someone to make the dress for me. Then I remembered that I've been sewing for over 20 years - paying someone else to make my dress was ridiculous. So I decided to design and sew the dress myself. In hindsight, I am very happy that I accepted the challenge and I'm glad that so many people supported my doing so (though at times I felt like damning them). Ultimately, it has given me the confidence I needed to finally start designing and sewing dresses to sell. My desire to get out from behind a desk gives me the motivation. And without further ado, my dress. Much of the detail is lost in this picture, but you get the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment